Lube is a very fantastic creation that can be used for all sorts of things, by all kinds of people. Lube (short for lubricant) is a product used to make any sex smoother. Most people first associate lube with anal sex (which you should ALWAYS use lube for), but it can be utilized for any insertion or oral sex!
I have to admit, though; I haven’t always been too aware of the magical qualities of lube. My sex education in high school didn’t overly showcase lubricant in the curriculum, and my body has always provided enough of its own natural discharge. I didn’t get to know anything specific about lubricant until I purchased my first well-made dildo.
Since discovering why lube is a great product to have at my bedside, I’ve stumbled upon different types and brands that I enjoy for various purposes! Here is a breakdown guide to my favourite slippery stuff, including brand-specific information, best uses, and my personal experiences:
Sliquid Organics Silk – Best for: Versatility!
- Experience: Sliquid Organics Silk was the first bottle I ever purchased, and it paved my way to discovering the benefits that come with coating up your genitals. It’s greatly enhanced my masturbation sessions with penetrable toys and was lube I used when I used my first butt plug. Despite Organics Silk being my introductory lube, it is still my favourite because of its silkiness and its versatility.
- Specifics: This Sliquid lube is a hybrid lube made from both silicone and water bases. I consider this the best of both worlds as the silicone is long lasting, but the water makes it so I can use the formula with silicone toys. In texture, the Organics Silk is creamy and silky, and visually it has somewhat of a milky tone to it. It is cruelty-free, vegan, plus latex, rubber, plastic and toy (silicone, glass, metal) friendly. This lube includes organic and natural ingredients and is free of glycerin(e), parabens and petroleum. Condom compatible.
Sliquid Sassy – Best for: Booty!
- Experience: This lube is nicknamed the Booty lube because of its great to use for anal penetration. The lube is denser, so it creates a thick coat between the penis, finger or toy and the delicate entrance of the asshole. This helps the inserting experience more enjoyable and comfortable! Since getting Sliquid Sassy, I have always used it when playing with my asshole (or someone else’s).
- Specifics: Sassy is a water based lube and is a thicker version of Sliquid H20. It’s clear and slippery. Like all Sliquid products, it is cruelty-free, vegan, plus latex, rubber, plastic and toy (silicone, glass, metal) friendly. This lube is also hypoallergenic, non-staining and fragrance + flavour free. Condom compatible.
Sutil – Best for: Long Lasting Sex Sessions
- Experience: I discovered Sutil when Artemisia gifted me a sample bottle at Woodhull last August. When I tried it, I immediately knew I needed to get myself a bigger bottle. Sutil feels so incredibly soft on the skin and genitals. The formula is light, long lasting and doesn’t feel like it’s bogging up my vulva when I use it to masturbate. It’s my favourite lube to use when I masturbate using my hand while I’m rubbing my clitoris, or if I’m giving my partner a handjob.
- Specifics: Sutil is water based and is clear. The lube is made with Botanical Eco-Certified Ingredients, including lotus root and oat beta glucan. It’s paraben and glycerin free and fragrance + flavour free. Condom compatible.
Good Clean Love Better Naked! – Best for: Vegans!
- Experience: I’m not a vegan myself, but I consider using Good Clean Love (and other vegan lubes on this list) a step in the right direction. When I first used GCL, I noticed that my vulva was feeling like it was burning. After I had wiped it off, I consulted with my contact at Good Clean Love and found out that I was experiencing a reaction to my higher vaginal pH levels and the pH levels of the lube. I was on my period at the time (which explains why my pH levels were higher than normal). So I don’t use this lube while I’m on my period anymore! But I do use it when I’m menstrual free, and I learned first-hand the how important choosing the right pH for my vulva is. My experience otherwise with the lube has been great!
- Specifics: Good Clean Love is a thick gel-like lube, that has a slight natural smell and taste of vanilla to it. It’s clear with a yellow/green tint. GCL is 100% vegan and cruelty free. The ingredients are 95% organic and contains Aloe. This lube does not contain petrochemicals, parabens and glycerin(e). Condom Compatible.
Sliquid Organics Stimulating O Gel: Best for: Stimulating Genitals!
- Experience: When I first received Sliquid’s O Gel, I was suspicious. How could my favourite lube company make a product that I’ve always been told to stay away from? Sensation, tightening or numbing genital products aren’t usually healthy for the human body. Through some research, I found out that O Gel is made from natural ingredients, so it’s safe to use. Once I determined it was safe, I tried it out for myself and found I enjoyed the sensation. It creates a good tingly feeling that makes you feel aroused very quickly. Although I rarely use the O gel in when I masturbate, it’s a fun addition I ever have the need to feel a different sensation.
- Specifics: Sliquid’s O Gel is marketed as a clitoral stimulation gel. There’s not any information on whether this works or is safe in any capacity for prostates or penis’, so I would only recommend this to people with clits! The gel is 100% vegan, L-Arginine free, glycerin(e) free and paraben free. O Gel is made from natural ingredients like Peppermint Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and Menthol. It’s hypoallergenic and NOT condom compatible.
As always, I recommend doing some research into any products you’re putting into your body or on your genitals! A lot of these lubes great options for me, but they might not be the best for your body. I recommend checking out this guide to find out more about osmosity & pH levels, which can help you determine if the lube you’re using is good for your body.
This post is sponsored by LubeZilla. All writing and opinions are my own!